Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kewin Cosmos: Well Grounded & Well Loved


They say that it is best to surround yourself with people who believe in your dream, that doing so will help you flourish in whatever it is you aim to achieve. Brooklyn native Kewin Cosmos has sure mastered the art of surrounding himself with positive people who encourage his success and believe in his dream.  With a current following of over ten thousand on Twitter, more than five hundred YouTube subscribers, and over a thousand likes on his Facebook music page it is no wonder that Kewin is always working hard to create new music and material for his fans—Team Cosmos. 

Kewin has been surrounded by music since he was very young, and says that at the age of eight he learned songs by artists like Usher and Marc Anthony without even knowing how they’d been submitted to memory. “We had a cassette player and I was just learning all the songs…I would just sing and sing,” he says.  As a teen, Kewin spent some time in the Dominican Republic where his neighbor’s singing voice made a huge impression on him, “He sang a lot and taught me how to sing with feeling.”  He recalls a time when this man, was singing in a park, “Since that day I was like man, I have to sing.”  From there, he went on to perfect his voice and never gave up, he describes his first studio experience with much joy saying “The first time I went into an actual studio I almost fainted, I wanted to stay there!”

When he was younger, Kewin went to a music store and bought whatever equipment he could afford with the money he had.  Then, went home and taught himself how to assemble everything.  “I don’t want to hold myself back so I’m always working and training myself to be where I want to be,” he says, “…when I make something and it sounds really good that makes me so happy…music is what makes me.”          

Saying motivated in this industry is an uphill battle but Kewin finds ways to keep going.  “Honestly, my mom is more motivation toward making it in life.  When we were younger we had a hard time…she is my motivation to keep doing.” he says.  “My friends [also] keep me motivated.  Victor Cruz, and Wilbur and Dawin Polanco they write things that are like ‘wow.’” 

Kewin’s describes his fans as the most rewarding feature of what he does “I can see they love what I do.”  In the coming months, Kewin will be working on a lot of interviews and promotional materials to help his fans get to know him better.  “I have music videos coming up,” he says, and is looking to interact more and more with his supporters, Team Cosmos. 

Kewin's Bachata Medley with songs from artists such as Aventura, Prince Royce, Xtreme, and Romeo Santos earned his vocals a good reputation before releasing his current EP.  Kewin’s EP Encuentro y Olvido which you can listen to and download below has six original tracks whose sound and lyrics are sure to touch your soul; Kewin’s two favorites being Crater Volcanico and Imaginate.  Crater Volcanico…I just feel like there’s an emotion behind that song and Imaginate, you know guys, we want to do so much with a girl in a relationship,” he laughs. 

Last week, Kewin was able to showcase his talent at Pedro’s Kitchen and Brew in Williamsburg Brooklyn where his family, friends, and fans alike were able to see him doing what he loves.  The quality of his voice in the live scene did not disappoint when compared to his studio-recorded music and he was able to keep the audience entertained with his dancing and crowd interaction.  The energy in the room was incredible and he sang with an emotion that moved the room.

With the right people in his corner and a talent that cannot be questioned Kewin is on his way to the top.  His message to the world is one of inspiration, “As a kid my brothers, mom, [and I] were in a place where we had [no] chance of achieving any goals. I just want the world to know that no matter how hard life gets, believe in the fighter that's [within] you! …We all have it, and when we have nothing left [it’s] the best time to use him or her. I've used [the fighter in me] as much as I can & I stand achieving my goals.  So live and succeed like it’s your last chance.”



Contact Kewin Cosmos:
Twitter: @KewinCosmos
Instagram: @KewinCosmos
YouTube: KewinCosmos










Similar A Vocal Accord Artists: Coreen, Jose Fernando, Eli Jas, RYG


No comments:

Post a Comment